Friday, July 19, 2013

First Post

     This is the beggining of an idea I have had for quite some time.  Deejaying for a free form show you come across unlikely artifacts of our audible history.  There was once a time, about a year and a half ago, when I thought I knew what I enjoyed about the underbelly of sound.  I soon realized not only is there way more than I ever imagined but also my preferences were definetly mallible.  When deejaying you dont really have the time to say what you think.  You can slip it in here and there but you really dont get to talk about a great album or an album that is popular but you think sucks for some reason or another.  So this blog will fill that void for me while hopefully unearthing some great albums for review.
    That said I also felt there was a void of review sites.  There are some great ones and they do point me to great sources for tapes but there is a leaning towards prose rather than criticism.  When I say criticism I mean constructive criticism.  I know critics in the past have mostly been wankers but I dont see anyone really making connections or trying to see where styles and forms fit.  I have only seen fanfare.
    The debate of art and fashion has always been a topic for me and my friends have always assured me fashion and art are one and the same thing.  But once deejaying I found way more to listen to than my prefered escape into the dark recesses, along creep street and right into lonerville.  I found albums at one point I would have never worn.  For one it was my narrow view and also the aesthetic did not fit but there were many albums deserved a better look.  So I am hopefully going to find some artists of old to for you readers.
     I am going to make spelling mistakes and I might even invent some words.  With that out of the way we can start.

No comments:

Post a Comment